- Everyone you know is a wolf or a fox (and if we grow up, we grow up to be badgers).
- Foxes laugh at all their own jokes. Wolves just repeat the ones they heard from foxes.
- Foxes are pretty; wolves are lovely. Foxes can dart, but wolves can run.
- Foxes can walk on top of the snow, whereas wolves clear a path for the others.
- When a wolf loves a fox, it ends with tears shed. When a fox loves a fox, it ends in blood.
- A fox loved a wolf once. It never ended.
- Wolves cry; foxes burrow.
- Everyone kills.
A Handy Pocket Guide to Distinguishing Wolves from Foxes
Published on Tuesday, December 1, 2009, at 7:00 am.