- Spit upon waking; and in this way you will cleanse the poison of dreams from your mouth.
- Be pure of body, and partake of nothing that will tempt you to lassitude.
- Carry a knife with a handle of bone.
- Fear not.
- Avoid coyotes, and damselflies, and men who have touched foxes: for these may walk in dreams.
- When those around you wonder, be ready.
- When those around you are sore afraid, be cold and forthright.
- The shore of dreams is the place men go to die.
- Sleep little.
- Watch for us.
Published on Wednesday, April 2, 2008, at 7:00 am.